Saturday, May 7, 2011

Walking the distance:

This 1st of May I had the honor of doing a walk for the March of Dimes
with a special person in my life, my daughter Devon. When she told me of her plan to walk and raise money for a good cause I
decided to try and walk myself. I walk Shannon everyday at least twice and thought I had some walking training.
But since it was a 6 mile walk I decided to bring some reading material to rest when I could no longer walk.
But spending the day with my little girl was like running a race and coming in first place with her waiting for me at the finish line.
Anyway we talked about everything under the sun and the time seemed to fly by. Every mile marker they had a table with water and snacks to keep you going. After the fifth mile marker I realized what I never thought was possible. Last time this was done I was a
young man serving my country. So I was pretty proud of what we both did together. Yes ' I ' did the whole 6 miles with Devon in
two hours. And as I looked around it seemed I was the old guy of the bunch. But never count us out what ever age we may be.
Thanks Devon
Dad
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment